greyblazeragainblogging

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mithali Raj


I know that women's world T/20 won't be followed by most, but I would keep an eye on Mithali Raj. After Janette Brittin and Clarke, she is one of the few players I have liked in women's cricket.

Raj would put most modern day players in the men's game to shame when it comes to timing. Yes, she doesn't have the power but she is such a graceful batswoman to watch. On the slow and low wickets of the Caribbean wickets, I expect the graceful Raj to continue getting big scores.

She averages 52 in test cricket and 49.81 in one-day cricket, but I don't even need to look at those figures to judge her batting. I just hope that she would have a great tournament!

1 comment:

Don said...

While I have to agree Raj is as elegant a player as you could wish to see, I guess you haven't seen Sarah Taylor, England's regular opening bat. If anyone has the natural ability, elegant stroke play and natural timing of a great player it is Taylor and, given a long enough injury free career Taylor should match those Raj figures. If you get a chance to watch either then do!!

And Janette Brittin - well she was, as they say, something else!!!

Don Miles